May 27, 2010

Coasters!

After the HUGE african flower, I kept thinking about coasters... maybe just an hexi...

So in the afternoon I took my stash, hook, paper and pen, and sit down to crochet by the balcony, enjoying the breeze in the warm afternoon.

And I ended up with this... Sorry the pictures are not very good, it was sunset time so the light wasn't great.
The first one was the one with the blue edge (center), and I liked it a lot... I was planing on doing different color combinations so all the coasters were different. But I realized that my yarn wasn't going to be enough for that (is the stash remaining from the dresses, as you can see), so I had to change to the same color combo for all of them, in this arrangement with the yellow edge, so the yarn would be enough to make them all.

I wrote the pattern while doing them... I'm pretty sure there are TONS of hexi patterns out there, but I wrote it down so I didn't forget what I had done from one to the next and all of them were the same at the end... and here it is. I made 6 coasters to have a set. I loved them and the colors cheer me up! and MG absolutely loved them and spotted them immediately when he got home from work last night...


HEXAGON COASTERS

Yarn: Cascade Sierra
Hook: 4 mm

Ch 4, close to form a ring.
Row 1: Ch 3, dc, ch1, (2dc, ch1) 5 times, sl st in 3rd ch. Cut yarn.
Row 2: Join new color; ch 1, sc in same st, *sc in next dc, (sc, ch 1, sc) in 1-ch space*; rep from * 5 times, sl st in 1st sc. Cut yarn.
Row 3: Join new color; ch 3, (2dc, ch 1, 2dc) in all 1-ch space, dc in all sc around, sl st in 3rd st. Cut Yarn.

Row 4: Join new color; ch 2, (hdc, ch 1, hdc) in all 1-ch space, hdc in all dc around, sl st in 2nd ch. Fasten off.
Weave all ends, and enjoy!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment!