September 17, 2010

More Celebrations...

Hello again! second day in a row posting, lets see how long I can achieve this time...

So today I want to tell you about the September 16th celebrations... I think there are similar things all over the country, but really I only know what happens in Mexico City... a tradition that I love to live and share with my friends!!!

On the 16th morning there is a militar parade along Reforma, a long avenue, one of the principals... I think the parade has a lenght of 7 km... and there is soldiers and marines of all tipes of regiments and functions... 
with a large display of uniforms, cars, boats, horses and more....
...hawks and eagles...
Nurses and historic uniforms, and women in different regimens too!
And uniforms of diferent tipes of weather......
The parade lasted around 2-3 hours... although we got there a lot of time before it started passing!!! My friends and I got to my grandma house at 9 am, and we went from there to were we waited for the parade, in bycicles, unicicles, skates, skateboards, scooters... we were 17, and we took a portatil stair (the ones that you use in a construccion site) to be higher and have a better view...
It was a lot of fun!!! and we had a great time...

At the end of the parade, we went back to grandma house and played all afternoon and evening in a slackline and juggling and me crocheting too!!!

It was a great day!!

I borrowed the pictures again from Bicentenario Mexico 2010.

See you soon!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment!