May 02, 2010

Pink dress -- Finished!!!

Guess what!!! I finished the dress!!! I feel super proud of myself... It is my first crochet girl dress, ever. I followed a pattern all the way, and it makes me feel really good.
In the past, I've only made dresses for my dolls, it's not very different, but when you are making clothes for your dolls and you are 9 years old, it doesn't really matter if they are not perfect... now it's different... I don't mean they HAVE to be perfect, but somehow it feels like it.
So the dress continue growing row after row in that vibrant pink, until I run out of it... I still had like 10 rows infront that needed to be done, so I had to decide if I should buy another ball of pink yarn, or finish the dress with the green yarn that I bought for the edges... and after a few trials I decided (helped by my great friends and lovely husband) that it could look good with the last rows in green, like a trim of color... so that is what I did...

And here is the result.....

Ready....

Yei!!!! I love it!!! I love the way the stripes of shells fall down and make a slightly curve.
I love the contrast the green makes with this pink, and I love the color accent at the neck and arms edges...

I had another trip to the yarn store, I was looking for yarn for my next project, and a button to use with this one.... and I found the most perfect and gorgeous button and it goes perfect with this dress!!!

It's a perfect, lovely wooden flower!!! I really love it!!!

The total project took me 3 weeks to complete, a bit less... not bad, huh?
It's all cotton yarn, it took 2 and a half balls, and it weighs aroun 250 gr.

See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Where did you get the pattern for this and what size is it? It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it... I got it from Crochet Today Magazine, May/June 2010. And I made it size 2 years.
    You can see it in Raverly

    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sunshine-baby-dress

    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is super cute!! Where did you find that pattern? =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment!