November 15, 2010

A bit of all...

Last post I ran off to go with MG and labmates to have dinner...
...well, we went to a burger place, that claims to have "ugly" burgers... and the uglyness of them is their size!!!! Their signature burger is made with 1lb of meat, and it can be beef or elk, and if you decide to go for it and succeed in eating all of that monster, you win that they take your picture and it goes to the wall.
I'm not sure if you can see the size of it as it doesn't show anything next to it to compare scales, but note that the meat is big enough to have 3 cheese slices on top and it's still big...
But no!! I didn't eat that! don't think it for a minute!!! I had a quarter pound of elk meat burger.

But MG decided to go for it, as well as 4 of his labmates (we were 10 people)... and all of them succeeded and now have thier picture in the wall!!!

So that was on Friday night...
Saturday was a very Fiber-y day!!!
In the morning, I went to a restaurant to met a knitting-crochet group, that in fact had just one woman on that day, so it was just me and her, but it was nice to meet someone new, someone that knits and likes to talk a about it, and we just spent a nice time there, hanging out and working a bit, she knitted and I crocheted.


Afternoon-midday, was at my LYS with another new group for me::: B-Town Caps for Cancer, that is a local group that meets every other Saturday to knit or crochet hats to donate to people of all ages with cancer. There was 2 young women there, about my age or younger, and we had a nice time... I made a girl hat.
With a little flower!
I liked the idea of the group and I look forward to more of these meetings...

Then, afternoon-evening I went to a local Fiber arts-looms-weaving show... it was nice to see all the things that people do with looms and felting and weaving... I'll have to try it sometime...

At night we went to a show at the auditorium over the campus... DrumLine Live show... and it was a GREAT show of marching bands, gospel, review of last decades rythms, drum "fights" and more... it was awsome, and MG loved it too!!! we were very happy...

Well, that's all for today... I haven't been great today... I've been feeling down and I have a headache... so I'm off for now.

See you soon!
S.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I think Im so hungry I could eat a burger like that... but I really cant I cant even finish a Carl Jr. Burger. Its a mental thing I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment!