October 02, 2010

Tree of Life Afghan

Hello!!!!

After taking some advise of the lovely members of We Love Lucy, at Raverly (Group inspired by Lucy at Attic24)... I looked for afghans with cables or texture, and I decide that I'll go for the Tree of Life Afghan, crocheted version, from a free pattern from Lion Brand (you can fin it here) to make with my new wool... I won't dye any of it for this project, maybe next time... and I'm not sure if it's gonna be enough, so I might have to ask my friend for more...

I don't know if I can post the picture of the pattern here, but you can check it on the link...

What I can do is show you what my progress is to this point... I started yesterday and I worked on it for a while in the afternoon while watching Season 6th of Grey's Anatomy with a friend... pretty perfect afternoon!!!
The new blanket is quite wide, wider than I thought it'd be, it's becoming heavy, the stitches are close and there's not holes between them.
I'm using a 6 mm (J) hook as the pattern asks for, but I think that my yarn is thicker than the one asked in the pattern, so the fabric is becoming more stiff... which I think is convenient as I think I'll want this as a wall hanging and not as a blanket...

 As you can see, this yarn helps to have really defined stitches, which will be great for this pattern... I can't wait for the trees to start apearing... right now I have only the barks of them... and I like them a lot!
Hope I can complete it soon!

See you soon!
S.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I really love that pattern, I've had it queued for months! :) Can't wait to see how yours works up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try it out Sarah!!! it's fun to make and I'm sure it'll be great when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be one precious wall hanging. The yarn is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really good idea for use of your yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredible afghan. I've saved the pattern for sometime in the future but not sure I have the patience for this. Looking forward to watching this progress. I think a wall hanging is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment!