October 18, 2012

Seed Stitch Hat

This is a hat I had on the making for a long time. In the end I loved it and gave it as a farewell present to a dear friend that left town to go to Mexico to a new adventure in her life.

I started this as a trial for the "Tubular Cast-On" and then decided to work the body on Seed stitch, with a lovely and lucious merino wool yarn that I go in Mexico... it took forever because it was my side project for when I didn't want to work in any of my other projects, so I was working in it for a long time... any way... I love it, and if you want to see it in Ravelry, go here.
I don't like myself in hats, but I liked this photo of the back and my loose hair.
I don't like this one, of my side, but I guess we need to put it so you can see it.
But I do love the hat... the crown...
...the texture the seed stitch makes...
...and the buttons... I found the perfect pewter buttons with lovely snowflakes!!
See you soon!
S.


3 comments:

  1. I love the hat and those buttons are gorgeous! I've knitted hats and crocheted.. I made berets for myself. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great! The buttons are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment!