Today I want to share with you the recipe of the Tres Leches Cake (3 milk cake) that is a mexican dessert that I love.
What you will need for the cake is :::
* 1 cup of sugar
* 1 cup of flour
* Vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon of baking powder
This is good for a round 9 in pan. But I think that works also for a square 9x9 in.
What you will need for the three milk is :::
* 1 can of condensed milk (the one that is like 14 oz)
* 1 can of evaporated milk (the one that is 12 fl. oz)
* 1 can of regular milk (you can measure this using a can of the other milks)
* a dash of vanilla exctract or brandy
To prepare the cake :::
- Preheat the oven at 400°F (230°C)
- Whip the egg whites until they are white and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time, and continue mixing.
- Add the flour in the same way that you added the sugar.
- Add a dash of vanilla extract and the teaspoon of baking powder.
- Grease (with butter) and flour the pan and put the mixture in it.
For the milks mixture :::
- In the blender mix the 3 milks with a dash of vanilla extract or brandy.
Once the cake is completely cold, take it out of the pan and make holes with a fork evenly separated over the surface of your cake so the milk can go in it more easily...
*** You can also cover it with whipped cream, and that will prevent the cake to lose the milks inside.
*** You can also use a regular "prepared box" to make the cake.
Enjoy this sweet and moist treat!!!
See you soon!